Jackson Hastings' heartbreaking reveal about Wests Tigers struggles

Jackson Hastings has poured his heart out about the struggles he and his Wests Tigers teammates have been going through after a season from hell in 2022.The Tigers are rock bottom on the NRL ladder after their record-breaking 72-6 loss to the Sydney Roosters in round 23.The 66-point mauling was the heaviest defeat in the Tigers' history.Morale at the club also appears to be at rock bottom, with Tigers player Fa'amanu 'Nu' Brown this week revealing the mental toll that the Roosters defeat had taken on him.“Last weekend made me realise how hard this game is to play. Not just the physical aspect but the mental side of it too,” Nu said in a candid post on Instagram.“It was probably the first time in a long time I felt like there were little cracks into my wellbeing and mindset. People screaming at you, you suck! Voices in my own head doubting my ability. Comments saying you’re useless.“I cried that night because I let myself and my loved ones down. I think sometimes people forget that athletes are humans as well.”

No comments:

Post a Comment