New Storm leader Munster to continue booze ban

Newly appointed Melbourne vice-captain Cameron Munster plans to continue his booze ban after producing career-best form last season for the Storm. The 28-year-old was elevated to the leadership position at the Storm this week, with the club impressed with his 12-month commitment since being filmed partying post-season with white powder. Munster checked himself into a rehab facility and imposed his own booze ban for the 2022 season which resulted in his most consistent year of football. "I've been off it since the start of the year, just making sure that I'm right," Munster said. "I've spoken to the club and I think it's in my best interest not to drink for the first 10 or 11 weeks and see how my season is going but if I'm still consistent, I can't see why I won't do that through the rest of the year. "If I do decide I just need to make sure that I pick my times but I reckon my best footy is me staying off it." "I had a bit of a chat with Bellyache about whether I wanted to do it - he didn't want to put too much pressure on me or make me think that I had to do something differently on the field being a vice-captain," he told. "But I feel very comfortable in the position that I am in at the moment and I know we've got such a young group and I think it's my time to try and help.

No comments:

Post a Comment