Munster lifts lid on 'most stressful time of my life'

Melbourne Storm star Cameron Munster has revealed just how close he came to making a switch to Wayne Bennett's Dolphins for the 2023 season.It was long-believed Munster would be the superstar signing the Dolphins were chasing, before sensationally turning his back on the deal and re-signing with the Storm.In an interview with the Sydney Morning Herald, Munster revealed he was preparing to tell teammates he was leaving before a late pitch from Storm bosses changed his mind."[I was] very, very close …I was ready to tell some of the boys I was leaving," he said."I made the decision [to leave] with my manager [Braith Anasta], and then had another chat with [Storm chairman Matt Tripp] and the board and some coaches, and it was in my best interest [to stay]."To be completely honest, the club has given me so much, they could have easily shown me the door."It wasn't about the money at all; money comes and goes. This is what I was really looking for, to play until I'm 33 at such a great club as the Storm."The crazy part is I'm not a stressful guy, I'm a laid-back person where nothing fazes me, but that was the most stressful time of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment