Blore aims to repay Wests Tigers' faith

For all their big-name recruits arguably the smartest piece of business the Wests Tigers have done in the off-season was retaining second-rower Shawn Blore. Blore missed the entire season last year with an ACL injury - for the second time in his career - and says he owes the Tigers a debt after they threw him a contract lifeline. With just 18 top-grade games under his belt, the 22-year-old isn't yet a household name but endeared himself to Tigers fans when he went after Parramatta's Nathan Brown early into his NRL career. "The fact they showed love to me and my family I am in debt to this club," Blore said. "I love them for that - I'm unproven in the NRL, I've done nothing. "They've thrown a kid a contract who has done two knees and I want to repay that by getting back on the field. "Up until this point in my career I had never felt the pressure of a contract, I had one year left (before the ACL) and I didn't really know what was going to happen. "When I got the phone call from my manager to say the Tigers wanted to re-sign me, I remember telling mum and dad, there was a feeling of relief because I'd been carrying so much weight and that was gone."

No comments:

Post a Comment