Storm's NAS eyes long-term back-row shift

He was already one of the most intimidating men in the NRL, but Melbourne's Nelson Asofa-Solomona has only seemed scarier in recent weeks after shifting to the second row. Usually a prop, the 200cm, 120kg behemoth has looked a complete wrecking ball on the right edge against Penrith and Brisbane, pumping out 145m running, 70m post-contact, eight tackle busts and 2.5 offloads per game. "It's up for grabs next year, we'll see how we go," Asofa-Solomona told. "It's been awesome, I've actually really enjoyed it. "I can be creative and feel like I've got a lot more to give to the team. "Being in that position I feel like I can do that with my offloads. I got a bit too trigger-happy on the weekend but it's just the learning curve for me, when to pull the trigger." "Looking at the forward pack, Jared is probably one of the most aggressive players in the NRL and you've got Radley who's just causing havoc out there," Asofa-Solomona said. "We're expecting an aggressive game from both sides, who are defensively orientated."

No comments:

Post a Comment