'Best ever' - Latrell lauds freak Johnston

Latrell Mitchell has paid Alex Johnston the ultimate accolade, declaring his South Sydney teammate the best finisher of all-time with the prolific winger on the greatest try-scoring run in rugby league history. Johnston has bagged 57 tries since the start of the 2021 NRL season, surpassing the legendary Dave Brown's previous record haul of 53 from 1935 and 1936."He's No.1 - the best ever. The best I've ever seen," Mitchell told, without hesitation, when asked where Johnston ranked as a finisher. "Just for the smarts he has, the intelligence to stay in or pick his time. "Like, he has one moment here and there but everybody does. But nine times out of 10 he makes the right decision."  "It's very surreal to even think about it at the moment. I still feel so young and feel like I just started my career," Johnston told. "It would be such an honour if it happens one day, touch wood," Johnston said. "I don't know what I'd do. It's pretty special." "I'd put him in the Australian side, to be honest. He deserves it," Mitchell said. "As long as I'm doing my job and playing good footy and enjoying it, I'll play as long as I can," he said. "As old as I can play. As long as my body is sweet. If I take care of my body, hopefully a lot longer than three years."

No comments:

Post a Comment