Lachlan Galvin has reflected on a "surreal" rookie season with the Wests Tigers, setting the record straight on a messy contract saga from earlier this year. The teenage sensation was a shining light for the joint venture, registering 16 try assists and producing 36 offloads across his 21 appearances in the top grade. Galvin is seen as the long-term No.6 at the Tigers and is expected to partner Jarome Luai next year, but there were concerns over his future given the side's results. But in an interview with Nine's Sunday Footy Show, Galvin shut down suggestions he would leave Concord and is committed to helping the club back into the finals. "There was a point there where I think me and my parents and manager had a little talk - we just wanted to see where the club was going," he said. "We had meetings with Richo [Shane Richardson] and Benji [Marshall] spoke to them and we sorted all of that out. We've told the Tigers that we're here to stay. "We've got two more years left on my deal. I love the club, I grew up in Campbelltown and I want this club to be the best. I think we're really on the up. "I'm so excited for Luai to come next year, he's gonna help me and my game so much. He will take a bit of the pressure off me too … you've seen with Cleary out this year, he can control a team and get the team around the park. "He's gonna teach me so much and I think there's big things at the Tigers next year." Galvin is just one of many young stars on the rise at the Tigers, with fullback Jahream Bula and utility Latu Fainu also locked up long-term with the club. The 19-year-old credits the influence of coach Benji Marshall and hopes his laid-back approach will pay off in the years to come. "If it wasn't for Benji this year, I wouldn't be playing the good footy I am," Galvin said.

No comments:
Post a Comment