Veteran's fresh deal poses awkward Titans question

Kieran Foran will prolong his NRL career for at least another season, with the Titans playmaker agreeing to a one-year extension with the club. The 33-year-old is one of the most experienced halves in the competition and will likely bring up his 300-game milestone before the end of this year. Foran was off-contract heading into 2025, but after some strong performances in recent weeks, Gold Coast officials swiftly moved to keep him on deck. "2025 will be the second year under Des (Hasler) and I'm really keen to be involved in what we are building. Having been around the game for a long time, I know that we've got something good growing here on the Coast and I'm keen to play on. "My body is feeling good, and I feel like I've played some good football this season so far and while that's the case, I'm keen to push on for another year. "I'm grateful for the opportunity and I'm really enjoying my time on the Gold Coast, so it was a simple decision for me in the end." Foran's new deal does however leave the Titans with a dilemma next year, with a host of options to partner the Kiwi star signed by the club. AJ Brimson and Jayden Campbell have both been used in the No.6 jumper this year by coach Des Hasler, while utility Tanah Boyd has also spent time in the halves. Gold Coast have also added Wallabies star Carter Gordon to their ranks for the next two seasons, while young gun Tom Weaver remains unsigned for 2025. Keano Kini appears to be the long-term fullback at the Titans - a position previously shared between Brimson and Campbell. Assuming high-profile signing Gordon fills one of the halves spots next year, as many as four players could be left fighting it out for the other.

No comments:

Post a Comment