Titans lock down gun utility Brimson on monster contract

Gold Coast has locked down gun utility back AJ Brimson on a monster contract extension. The Titans on Thursday announced Brimson has agreed to stay on the glitter strip until the end of 2030. It's significant news that comes only a week after superstar backrower David Fifita agreed to a two-year extension, backflipping on a handshake deal with the Roosters. Last year Gold Coast skipper Tino Fa'asuamaleaui inked a 10-year deal with the club. Brimson joined the Gold Coast system as a 15-year-old. The 26-year-old has played 108 NRL games for the Titans as well as four Origins for Queensland. "The Titans mean quite a bit to me. It's been my home and my work for the last 10 years," Brimson said. "I love playing for this club and I love the Gold Coast. "I'm also excited for what the future holds. This new deal is good security for me and my family and I'm extremely excited for the next six years." Brimson is known for his speed, and can essentially play any position in the backline. There's been some dispute over his long-term place in the side as he and Jayden Campbell battle for the fullback spot. The Titans have won only two of 10 games this season under new coach Des Hasler.

No comments:

Post a Comment