Storm half Pezet looks to learn from game's greats

A star in the making, young Melbourne halfback Jonah Pezet has no shortage of mentors as he kicks off his NRL career. Just turned 20, Pezet made his top-grade debut in place of playmaker Cameron Munster in the Storm's shock four-point loss to Gold Coast last round. He scored a try after 10 minutes but couldn't steer a below-par Melbourne home. Pezet will likely get another start against Wests Tigers on Friday night at AAMI Park, with Munster still overcoming a serious finger injury and No.7 Jahrome Hughes facing the judiciary. "That jersey presentation was probably one of the most special moments in my life, and after the game dad and mum were really proud of me," Pezet told. "He's always been there giving me tips and pointers along the way and just encouraging me - he's been really good for my own game development and he's always there supporting me." "I was really honoured to pull on the purple jersey as one of the inaugural players Brett Kimmorley is also a Valentine Devil," Pezet said. "I've done some work with him in Future Blues camps and his photo and name is above my locker. He flicked me a text on Friday night which was really special."

No comments:

Post a Comment