Bateman ready to play when called upon by Tigers

John Bateman says he will be ready to play his first game for Wests Tigers whenever he is called upon, as club officials weigh up how to manage his return to the NRL. Bateman arrived in Australia from England this week after a two-month wait for his visa to be approved, and toured the Tigers facilities on Friday. He will have his first full day of training on Monday when players return from a long weekend, six days out from the club's season-opener against Gold Coast. "I have been training by myself, but you can't do the team stuff," he said. "I'm up for it and looking forward to getting going. "Coach Tim Sheens has been sending me over some clips, I have been looking through them and some of the plays. "I've just been keeping my eye on that and trying to keep on top of it and what we do in training. "The last couple of weeks we have had games, so I've been able to keep an eye on that." I am really looking forward to getting back into it. I love the style of rugby that the NRL is, and I am really looking forward to the competing week in, week out of it. "I went back to Wigan, and it was a good level of rugby, I really enjoyed it. "But I wanted to come back to Wests Tigers."


No comments:

Post a Comment