The 110kg 'sack me' deal TPJ struck with Dogs

A conversation with Bulldogs general manager Phil Gould has led star Tevita Pangai Jr to issue a sensational promise to the club after a "wake-up call" following a disappointing season.Speaking to Nine News, Pangai Jr revealed the deal he struck with new coach Cameron Ciraldo, which would allow the former Panthers assistant to axe him if his playing weight balloons during the season.The 26-year-old was billed as one of the Bulldogs' big-name recruits for 2022 after signing a contract believed to be worth $2.2 million over three years. But he failed to produce during the year, even spending time in reserve grade.Currently fighting fit as he prepares to take his place on the Sonny Bill Williams vs Mark Hunt fight night on Saturday, the prop confirmed he has dropped 12kgs. He said he'd given Ciraldo the green light to get rid of him if he doesn't stick to his current weight."I just told him that if I don't come under 110kg then he can pretty much sack me. I'm a man of my word, if I don't come in at 110kg then I'll leave," Pangai Junior said.

No comments:

Post a Comment