NRL's Rabbitohs re-sign Shaq Mitchell

South Sydney have re-signed prop Shaquai Mitchell, brother of teammate Latrell, whose own lucrative deal expires at the end of 2023.The older Mitchell brother's two-year contract extension moves him to the Rabbitohs' top-30 squad until at least the end of the 2024 season.Mitchell, 26, made his first grade debut off the bench in round eight of 2022, having shed significant weight over the summer in the pursuit of his NRL dream.He finished the year with two more NRL appearances to his name and played alongside his brother for the first time in the Rabbitohs' round-17 defeat of Newcastle."I'm very happy to be here for the next two years. South Sydney feels like home to me," Mitchell said."Souths gave me the chance to make my first grade debut which I will never forget and I can see a way forward here at this club."This contract allows me and my little family to have some stability, I can look after my three little ones, and I can concentrate completely on my footy."Rabbitohs head of football Mark Ellison is confident Mitchell can challenge the likes of Junior Tatola, Thomas Burgess and Hame Sele for chances in the middle next season."Shaq's best football is certainly in front of him and his commitment to the club and his body shows he has the maturity to play more NRL at the Rabbitohs this coming season and next," he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment