Madden wants Broncos NRL start with Walsh

New Brisbane playmaker Jock Madden has a long-term goal of being the club's starting halfback, but first up his goal is to make the top 17 alongside the electric Reece Walsh. Walsh, back at the Broncos after a stint with the Warriors, and former Wests Tigers half Madden were on deck for the club's first field session at Red Hill on Tuesday with a group of 25 players which included Maroons winger Selwyn Cobbo and rising five-eighth Ezra Mam. Madden will initially compete with Mam for a starting halves position but said his ultimate goal was to wear the famous number seven jersey. "I'd like that. That is one of the reasons I came up here," he said. "The club has had so much success and those players are still here at the club. If I can learn as much as I can off them and Adam I think it is going to help my game. "This is a powerful club ... when I did get the offer it was pretty hard to turn away." "Ezra is a great player as well. I think if you have competition amongst your players it makes you grow as a player and makes you better," Madden said. "If we can continue to push each other like that it is just going to help us both. "I have played (five-eighth) for the Tigers. I see myself as a natural seven but I can play six as well." "He is fast, skilful and just a natural footballer," Madden said. "You saw what he did the last couple of years for the Warriors. He is quite a freak. To be able to play with him will be quite cool."

No comments:

Post a Comment