Roosters' Momirovski backs own strengths

Sydney Roosters recruit Paul Momirovski says the key to success in Sunday's NRL elimination final lies in not trying to imitate the man he's replacing at centre: Joey Manu. A candidate for the Dally M Team of the Year, Manu is one of the Roosters' most dynamic attacking players and leads his team for both tackle breaks and offloads. "No one can," Momirosvki told. "I'm not trying to be Joey Manu, I'm just trying to be me. "I've played a fair bit of right centre in my time so it's something that's familiar to me." Momirovski prides himself on his chemistry with his teammates on the edge, and his defensive steel. "He's one of the smartest defenders I've ever played with,' Walker said. "He's a different player to Joey but he's got his defence and his communication and has a lot of skill out there as well. "I'm looking forward to building on that connection with him." "Their left-side attack has been one of their strengths all year and for a few years now," Momirovski said. "Obviously we've had a good little preview of them last week. "This time of year, there's no floating in and out of games. Every moment is big and I think that's how we all play."



No comments:

Post a Comment