Haas says Broncos still his NRL pick

Payne Haas insists an NRL future at Brisbane is still his preference ahead of a career-defining finals campaign. The three-time Broncos best and fairest, still just 22, copped jeers as he ran onto Suncorp Stadium in May to end a week in which his extraordinary request for an immediate release from the club was denied. "It came with what happened that week, probably I understood why it happened and why the fans were like that," he told reporters, insisting he had no regrets. "I'm not angry with them, it is what it is and I've moved on." "I'm happy here, will speak about that (contract) stuff at the end of the year but I do love Brisbane, always say that to everyone and I love the club and the boys," he said. "I wouldn't say there's an itch to leave; I'm happy here and I'm a real family man, I'm mum and dad's boy. "My preference is to stay, I will say that, but at the end of the day things happen in rugby league." "I'm not sure to be honest," he said of the Broncos' finals fortunes influencing his decision. "People think I'm distracted by it, but I'm not thinking about it now. I'm just wanting to play finals."

No comments:

Post a Comment