Surprise twist in Tigers coaching plans

The Wests Tigers band of 2005 are back together again - except for the drummer. And in a stunning boost for the struggling club, grand final winning skipper Scott Prince has offered to re-join the Tigers for their 2023 reunion tour.The only Tigers skipper to lift the premiership trophy, Prince is settled in Brisbane and has a good job at the Broncos, working in development and as assistant coach of their women's team.But the former superstar halfback has been so swept away by the Sheens-Benji-Farah reunion that he has offered his services for next season."The band's all there - except the drummer!" an excited Prince told Wide World of Sports."What we did in 2005 was the highlight of my career and we are all brothers for life."I've already had a chat to Tim about what I could possibly do at the club."I still love the Tigers and it hurts to see what they have been going through the last few years."I enjoy what I do at the Broncos and they have been great to me, but if the Tigers had an opening coaching the halves or something, I'd definitely consider it."Prince believes the Tigers have made a move in the right direction by bringing back the heroes of 2005."Tim is one of the smartest men in football and he will teach Benji plenty," he said. "It's exciting times and I think it will work well for the club."

No comments:

Post a Comment