Seve savours sweet NRL show with Storm

After beating cancer and then overcoming a serious knee injury, Melbourne centre Marion Seve isn't taking game time for granted. Seve earned high praise from Craig Bellamy following their 26-18 win over the Sydney Roosters, scoring two tries and making three line breaks with the Storm coach saying it was the best game he had played for the club. "It was a big relief ... the last couple of weeks was pretty tough for me, not playing as good as I know I can," Seve said on Tuesday. "That was my fourth game this year and I only played two games last year so I'm building slowly and each week is a confidence booster." "I've been through a lot so I've got that mindset that I'm a pretty determined person so if I want something I'm going to try my hardest to get it," he said. "I've had a lot of support on and off the field ... it was mentally tough at times but the people around me got me through it and and I'm extremely grateful to be back playing again."The journey I've been through with cancer and everything sets me up for whatever challenge I go through ... it's not life-threatening so I can get through whatever." "I'm just playing week by week and hopefully I can secure something in the future," Seve, who has also earned two caps for Samoa, said. Seve is likely to get another start against the Broncos at AAMI Park with Melbourne set to take a cautious approach with Ryan Papenhuyzen's return.



No comments:

Post a Comment