Andrew Johns says Tigers, Luke Brooks 'need to break'

League legend Andrew Johns says it's time for embattled halfback Luke Brooks to walk away from the Wests Tigers. bBrooks, 27, has played every one of his 185 NRL games in the orange and black jersey, and has been their halfback since debuting in 2013. "I'd be moving Brooks to halfback... (Adam) Doueihi five-eighth and (Jackson) Hastings at lock, playing like Victor Radley, Isaah Yeo, which (Hastings) does anyway," Johns told Wide. "But Brooks is out of form. On the weekend he was poor, like a lot of the Wests Tigers. "Whether there's stuff going on off the field, whether he wants out, I don't know." "It's a hard one for me, because Newcastle wanted him at the start of the year. I don't now how the salary cap is, if they've got money there (anymore)," he said. "Everyone can see both parties need to break. Whether Brooks goes away, whether it's better for Brooks or better for the Tigers... it's not working. "I feel for both parties. I think there's still a great player in there. He won Dally M Halfback of the Year (in 2018), in a side which hasn't made the eight for 10 years. "I think he needs a change."

No comments:

Post a Comment