Harry Grant has declared last year's unique schedule means he will have no issue playing in the State of Origin series opener without an NRL game under his belt for weeks. The Melbourne hooker started the year as favourite to secure the Queensland No.9 jersey, after being the difference on debut in last year's decider. But he has played just five games so far this year after suffering a knee injury in a trial, before a significant hamstring blow struck him down last month. "Last year I played that debut game after not playing for eight weeks," Grant said. "I take a bit of confidence out of that and just having that debut out of my belt. I'm not too concerned about the fitness side of things. "I was probably touch-and-go for this weekend's game. "If it was a little later in the draw I probably would have been alright. "The fact it's a Thursday night the physios just wanted to give it some extra time." Papenhuyzen has not yet joined Grant in Melbourne's rehabilitation group and it remains unclear when he will return to the field or make a claim for the Blues' side. "He is not feeling well so he hasn't pushed it," Grant said. "He had a bad concussion a few years ago so he is taking the safe option. "He will get back to training when he feels the time is right and he is feeling a lot better with himself."

No comments:
Post a Comment