Fifita slams Morris, claims told to retire

Andrew Fifita claims he was told by John Morris to retire just before the start of the NRL season, labelling the sacked Cronulla coach's advice as disrespectful. Fifita will play his first NRL game this season on Saturday night against South Sydney, after being dropped to reserve grade just days before round one. His absence was not helped by a crusher tackle charge while playing for Newtown, with his three-match ban lasting four weeks due to a bye. "I got told to retire," Fifita said. "I'd done my pre-season and my work. It had been 10 weeks down and I felt like I was ready to go. "I thought I went really well in All Stars and in my second trial for the club. "And then I got told everything in round one, all the negatives from the whole pre-season. "It's what you get when you hear from the coach once in the whole time I have been there. Bit disrespectful on my end." "In the sport we play it's about being transparent," Fifita said. "He should have come up to me during the whole pre-season and let me know my faults and where I could have improved. "But to be shown right on round one, was pretty hard to work on those things. "I don't care what happens but I have a point to prove. "I know the boys are excited to have me back and I can't wait to get out there on Saturday."

No comments:

Post a Comment